The INESS FINAL CONFERENCE**
February 3, 2012 - UIC HQ, Paris
The INESS project launched in October 2008 will be coming to an end in March 2012.
To mark the end of the project and present its results
INESS Final Conference will be held at UIC Paris on February 3, 2012.
The one-day free conference will consist of two half-day sessions :
- Market place - to showcase the results, tools and methods used
- Break out sessions to discuss specific topics.
The Conference is open to all EU participants.
The main objective of INESS is to define and develop specifications for a new generation of interlocking systems and apply methods and tools capable of reducing LCC and enhance the standardisation process. In the context of the current European policies, it is expected to foster hereby migrations of signalling equipment and support the rollout of ERTMS. The European Commission and the European Railway Associations, together with the Railway Supply Industry, are working closely together to define the efficient migration strategy for ERTMS. This unique co-operation has offered the opportunity to harmonise the functions, architectures, interfaces and connections of the interlocking as a constituent of signalling involved in ERTMS. INESS will therefore support the development of a new generation of interlocking systems with optimal unified conception and interfaces towards adjacent systems such as the ETCS - Radio Block Centre and the outdoor equipment, in particular connecting to the ETCS.
Who You Will Meet
The conference will be of interest to :
- all railway Siganlling and Procurement professionals;
- Industry Executives whose primary functions involve Business and Financial development and project management;
- Transport ministries representing European Governments;
- European standardisation bodies and authorities.
Benefits of Attending:
- Understand Project Results and lessons learned
- Learn INESS advantages for the Railways and INESS advantages for the Industry
- Discuss in detail specific topics
- Benefit from networking opportunities with peers and vendors
For more information about the event, please consult the conference program:
REGISTRATION FORM on-line
For further information about participating in the conference please contact :
Maria Lafont; WS H Leader
** The confernece is FREE. All expenses related to the conference are covered by INESS. Participants will have to cover their own travel, lodging and meal expenses, except for the meals provided during the Conference as indicated in the program.